Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
The Every Student Succeeds Act
- Iowa’s system for school accountability and support was created with broad public input and reflects statewide education efforts already underway.
- This statewide system meets federal requirements outlined in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), but fits Iowa’s context.
- ESSA, which replaced the No Child Left Behind Act, maintains a focus on school accountability and equity for all students but shifts decision-making back to states and local school districts.
- Iowa’s system for accountability and support focuses attention and resources to schools that need it most.
- Iowa’s system is designed to support schools, not punish them.
Please visit these Links for more information: