TeamMates Mentoring is a school-based mentoring program. All mentoring takes place at school within the hours of the school day. With school-based mentoring you are surrounded by resources and safe places to meet.
Becoming a Mentor
Responsible, caring, committed adults age 18 years and older, can become mentors. Many youth can benefit from the one on one attention that a mentor provides.
Your influence can help build a child's self-worth and demonstrate that someone cares. Things that may seem easy or straight forward to you are often mysterious to young people. That's why it can be easier than you think to make a difference in a young person's life.
As a mentor you are asked to commit to meeting with your student for no more than one hour per week.
- Receive support and guidance from a caring adult
- Receive help with academic endeavors
- Experience greater self-esteem and motivation
- Receive encouragement to stay in school and graduate
- Improve interpersonal relationships with peers, teachers and family
- Increase their involvement in the community
- Recognize that they can make a difference
- Make a new friend
- Gain new experience and knowledge about youth and the community's school system
- Gain students with higher performance
- Increase student retention
Business and Organizations
- Foster good community relations
Chapter Mailing Address
TeamMates Mentoring Program of Glenwood
Glenwood, IA 51534
(712) 527-4887 x 4332