Community Forum Dates
September 14, 2023 September 26, 2023 October 10, 2023 November 2, 2023
All Meetings will be held in the Northeast Elementary Multipurpose Room at 6PM
October 12th meeting was moved to October 10 due to an already scheduled community event.
Please use the form below to post questions. Once questions begin to come in, check back for a Question and Answer Document.
Not able to Vote in Person on Nov. 7, 2023? Absentee Ballot Application
On August 14, 2023, the Glenwood Community School District Board of Education voted to request a referendum on the issuance of $39.9 million in general obligations school bonds.
Glenwood strives to provide the best educational experience for students. We are committed to working with our community to help Inspire Excellence in every child that walks through our doors. This webpage will provide further details into how we would utilize the requested funds to accomplish those goals. We strongly encourage participation in the public forums that will take place leading up to Election Day on November 7, 2023. Those dates will be posted here and on our social media channels as they are scheduled.
(Video only clip, no audio)
A message from Superintendent Embray
(For Closed Captions and depending on the device, select the settings "gear" icon or CC icon)
Our Goals for the Bond Program
Improving Safety and Security
Educational / Curriculum Program Growth
Updating Older Facilities to Address Changing Educational Standards and Energy Conservation Goals
Seeking Guidance from the Community
Kids Place on Northeast Property for Convenience and Access to Families
District leadership has been working with staff, teachers and the design and construction team to develop design concepts for school facilities to help achieve the bond program goals. These improvements include:
Northeast Elementary Remodel
Comprehensive remodeling of Northeast Elementary School, including the construction of a building addition with a new Kids Place daycare facility, a multipurpose gym, administrative offices, and a secure entry
Geothermal heating and cooling, and site improvements at Northeast Elementary including grading, parking lot, traffic lanes and landscaping
Inventionland classroom renovations at Northeast and West Elementary Schools
Middle School Infrastructure
HVAC and lighting renovations at Glenwood Middle School
The renovation of Northeast Elementary School prioritizes student well-being and development through facility enhancements. It will focus on improving safety and security while making traffic patterns more efficient and safer during arrival and dismissal. Updating the outdated facility is important to promote energy efficiency goals and create an innovative learning space for the future. Establishing Kids Place on the Northeast property will provide a convenient and accessible location for families, fostering a stronger connection between home and school. Through this bond issue, we strive to create an environment where every child can thrive and reach their full potential. Glenwood Middle School is operating on its original 1964 boiler system which is 50% efficient. By installing an updated HVAC system, this will increase to 98% efficiency, reducing the general fund costs of heating the building. Included in this project all interior lighting will be converted to LED, saving substantially in lighting costs. All lighting currently is florescent from 2003, with the exception of the gym, which is LED.
What Will it Cost?
- Northeast construction and FFE (furnishings, fixtures and equipment) - $30M
- Inventionland maker spaces and classroom renovations at Northeast and West Elementary Schools - $1.1M
- HVAC and lighting renovations at Glenwood Middle School - $5M
- Other costs: design and construction services, FFE, geotechnical testing and contingency - $3.8M
- $39.9M fits within the District's levy and debt limit
- Estimated Levy increase of 15 cents or less
- Download the Google Sheets app for Android phones or iPhones to determine the tax impact this project will have on you.
- Open the Google Play Store or the iPhone App Store on your device and search for Google Sheets
- Tap Install to instantly download and install the Google Sheets app for your phone
- Once downloaded, scan this QR code to access the Tax Impact Calculator
- Enter your property value – residential, commercial and industrial, or agricultural – review your taxes for the project