From the Principal's Desk, October
West Friends and Family,
We would like to say thank you to all parents for helping the students to have a wonderful beginning of the 21-22 school year. We are still spending time trying to social distance and keep surfaces AND hands clean. While we are not able to contact trace, we are still able to alert you to any positive cases by grade level. Please continue to monitor for any symptoms and if you have any questions please feel free to call.
We will be having Fall parties to celebrate the new season, but please remember at West we do not have students change into costumes and we only allow for students to bring individual snacks. We hope this is clear, but again please call me with any questions. The party will be on the 29th.
Parent/Teacher conference invitations will be sent out soon, so be watching communication with your teacher - we strive for 100% participation as we know it is CRITICAL for you to know the areas of strengths for your student and where your student can continue to grow!!!!! You will have a choice for “in person” or virtual conference times.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences Oct. 19 & 21 (teachers will be getting invites out soon)
- No school Oct. 22
- Fall Party Oct. 29 - we will not have visitors at this time to help with COVID precautions.
- Early Outs - 6, 13, 27
A few things to remember:
- Playground Pick up: The playground/parking lot is very busy and we want to ensure everyone makes it home safely. Walking over to the pickup area is a huge help if you are not in the drive by pick up lane. It helps if people pull forward (when you can) to have us loading more than one car at a time. (This has gone very smoothly so far this year - we appreciate everyone’s support!)
- Sporting Events: Please remember there are restrictions at all of Glenwood’s sporting events. Students from Preschool - 5th grade must be with an adult at all times (this includes going to the bathroom and concessions stands).
- Fall Party: students will be allowed to bring an individual snack and drink and teachers will be planning the party as limited visitors are allowed in the building at this time. Please remember if you have received notice that a student in your child’s class has a peanut/nut allergy we ask that they only bring PEANUT FREE snacks.
Illness: If your child is feeling ill, or has symptoms of Covid 19 we ask that you please keep your child home. Remember to call the office, or fill out the online absentee form before 8:30am. Our school nurse or Public Health can help you with quarantine information. 712-527-9699