From the Principal's Desk, December
Dear West Families,
No one can possibly be more thankful for this wonderful December weather - it makes recess a duty we ALL want to volunteer for! :) That being said, please watch the weather closely, we will go outside unless it is 10 degrees (or feels like 10 degrees) or less. We have lots of students in shorts/short sleeves and open toed shoes. It will be important to have warmer clothes in their backpacks, or dress in layers. December “50” and May “50” don’t feel exactly the same :0!!!!
We will have our class parties - but at this time we will not be having family members attend. We are doing well with numbers of COVID positive cases, but the numbers are going up around us. We want to send students/staff to vacation healthy and not needing to quarantine. Thanks so much for your understanding!
Don’t forget the FOOD DRIVE goes until the 10th!!!!!
Have a wonderful Holiday Break!!!!!
- Food Drive begins Nov. 29 - Dec. 10
- 2 hour early outs: 1st, 8th, 15th
- Holiday Break (Dec.18 -Jan.2)
A Few Things to Remember
- Students have access to their computer programs (Reflex and Freckle) to keep working on math skills over the holiday break. Email your child’s teacher if they do not have their login or password.
- Reading just a few minutes a day while on break will keep a “kid’s head in the game” and could help you get a quiet house for just a few minutes!!!!
- We will try to go outside even on very cold days (even if just for a few minutes) so make sure students have coat/hats/gloves etc. Please call the office and ask for Mrs. Millar if you are in need of any warm attire for your child.
- Our Holiday celebrations will be the 17th. Teachers will be sending home information about the classroom parties. Remember only individual snacks - no shared food. Thanks in advance!
Illness: If your child is feeling ill, or has symptoms of Covid 19 we ask that you please keep them home. Remember to call the office, or fill out the online absentee form before 8:30am. Our school nurse (712-527-4886) or Public Health (712-527-9699) can help you with quarantine information.