Rules & Regulations
It is the belief of Glenwood Community School District's Transportation Department that all passengers can and must behave in a safe, appropriate manner when riding the school bus. Any behavior that may prevent the bus driver from performing their job safely and effectively will not be tolerated. The safety of all passengers is our primary concern.
In an effort to provide all school bus passengers with the safest and most efficient ride to and from their attendance center, the following BUS SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES must be followed at all times:
- Follow the directions of the bus driver and the bus aide.
- Stay seated, especially when the bus is moving
- Keep all body parts inside the bus.
- Keep feet and legs out of the aisle
- No pushing, shoving, or fighting
- No inappropriate language directed to other passengers or the driver
- No yelling or screaming. Excessive noise distracts the driver, as well as prevents the driver from hearing important communication from the dispatcher.
VIOLATION OF RULES WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINARY ACTION:
- 1st Violation The Transportation Dept. will contact parents, assign seating, and send written notification to parents
- 2nd Violation 3-Day Suspension, written warning, parents contacted by Transportation Dept
- 3rd Violation 5-Day Suspension, written warning, parents contacted by Transportation Dept
- 4th Violation 10-Day Suspension, conference between parents, driver Transportation Dept
- 5th Violation SUSPENSION FROM SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
*Depending on the severity of the incident violation, steps may be skipped. Snow or Virtual Learning days do not count towards a bus suspension.
THE FOLLOWING INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION FROM SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION FOR UP TO ONE CALENDAR YEAR:
- Physical harm, injury or threat to the driver, aide, and/or other students on the bus.
- Property damage to the school bus by a student.
- Total disruption and/or refusal to obey school bus driver and/or school bus rules.
- Extending body parts or objects outside of the bus.
- Possession of Tobacco (including E-cigarettes and Vapes), Alcohol, or Weapons
Please review this information with your child/children so that all passengers can enjoy a safe and positive experience on the school bus.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Transportation Office at (712)527-4116.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.