Day Care Policies
To be eligible for transportation to a daycare provider, the following criteria must be met:
- The daycare location must be entitled to school transportation (State Code 285.1a), meaning the residence is more than 2 miles away from the elementary school or middle school.
- Requests to transport to and/or from daycare must be approved by the Transportation Department.
- Transporting to daycare providers is contingent upon available seating on the school bus.
- Changing daycare providers shall be submitted for approval not more than twice during a school year (State Code 285.1.22).
- Parents must provide the Transportation Department with a current and specific riding schedule for each daycare bus rider.
- All arrangements must be made specific to the current school year. The previous year's arrangements will not automatically be carried over.
- Guidelines to be reviewed and revised annually, as needed.