September 20, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will travel to Red Oak. class dismissal time is 2:45 and the bus will depart at 3:00. Both games will be played at the HS gym.
September 21, 2021 - XC Boys/Girls will travel to Creston.
September 22, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
September 23, 2021 - 7th Grade Football will host Denison.
8th Grade Football will travel to Denison.
7th Grade Volleyball will host Atlantic. The game will be played at the Middle School. This game starts at 4:15 PM.
8th Grade Volleyball will host Atlantic. This game will be played at the High School Aux. Gym. Games start at 4:15 PM.
September 24, 2021 - Picture Day.
September 25, 2021 - XC will travel to Harlan.
September 29, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
The 8th Grade Football traveled to Atlantic last Thursday and came away with two wins. The A team won 44-28 and the B team won 12-0.
In the A game, the Rams started off quick on a 31yd touchdown run by Scott Reed, with the PAT kick good by Diaz making the score 7-0. The Trojans would score on their ensuing possession and with a good PAT run, the Trojans would take the lead 8-7 in the first. However, the Rams would then counter with an 11yd TD run by Jack Johnson (PAT kick by Diaz) to regain the lead and never look back. Diaz would round out the 1st quarter scoring with a 26yd Field Goal to bring the score 17-8 after the first quarter of play.
The Rams would score 3 more times in the 2nd quarter: a 17yd. touchdown run by Jack Johnson (Diaz-PAT kick good), a 5yd Touchdown pass from Korbin Pelzer to Aaron Christian, (PAT blocked) and the final score of the 1st half was 40yd Punt Return for a touchdown by Jack Johnson, bring the score to 37-8 at the Half.
The Trojans would score early in the 3rd quarter on a long touchdown run (PAT no good) to bring the score to 37-14 early in the third quarter. The Rams would put the ball in the endzone one last time when Scott Reed connected to Pierce Dalton on a 30yd touchdown pass (PAT kick by Diaz) to bring the score to 44-14. The Rams would eventually give up 2 more Atlantic scores to bring the final score to 44-28.
Outside the offensive scoring, the Rams were led by solid offensive line play, the Kicking of Jose Diaz and the defensive efforts of linebacker Kayden Crouch, the defensive line of Aiden Lopez, Mason Koehler, Brayden Talcott, Dayton Manning, Tristan Ludwig.
The Rams B team would also come out on top with a 12-0 victory. Touchdown runs by Alex Bare and Connor Wear would round out the scoring.
The Rams will travel to Denison this coming Thursday to take on the Monarchs.
All the pictures have arrived. (Football , volleyball and Cross Country) Please stop by the office to sign for them and pick them up.
An electronic device has been found and turned into the office. If you are missing one please stop by the office to identify and claim.
The MS Drama production Nov. 9, 2021: School House Rocks Live! Jr.
The first rehearsal for MS Drama will be on Monday, Sept. 20 from 3:30 - 4:30 in Mrs. Buckingham's room. Rehearsal schedules will be handed out. Please see Mrs. Buckingham if you have questions.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.
LITTLE RAMS CHEER CAMP - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2021 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Anyone in grade 6-8 that is interested in attending may stop by the office to pick up a registrationform. Or click on the link below.
Beginning Monday, students borrowing a chromebook from the Media Center for anything other than technical reasons will be documented. On the 5th occurrence, the student will be sent to speak with Mrs Stanley. A lunch detention will be assigned if borrowed a sixth time.
Chromebooks must be turned into the media center at the end of the 8th hour. Students forgetting to return a chromebook at the end of the day will serve a lunch detention the next school day.
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Richards in the media center.
GCMS Activity Attendance Expectations
It is a privilege to attend activity events and meeting our MS expectations and following facility rules are required to continue to be able to attend these activities. The following are expectations for Middle School students that choose to attend Varsity activities:
- All Middle School students are to sit in the Middle School section or with their parents.
- During the National Anthem, students are to stand, remain silent and face the flag and remove any hats.
- All school rules are still in effect at these activities. Appropriate clothing, language and behavior are required. Failure to comply will result in removal from the facility.
- Students are allowed to use the restroom or visit the concession stand; however, students are required to return to their seats immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the facility or watch the game from the window at the high school.
- Once you leave the event, you cannot return / re-enter.
- Students are expected to utilize Good Sportsmanship at all times throughout the contests. Failure to do so will result in removal from the facility.
Failure to comply with these expectations will result in suspension from attending any future activities.
Remember the purpose for attending these activities is to cheer on the RAMS. All of our teams appreciate all of your support and want you to cheer them on.