Student Bulletin - October 8, 2021
October 12, 2021 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will host Shenandoah. 8th grade will play at the High School Aux gym. 7th grade will play at the MS.
October 13, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Dismissal - Professional Development.
October 14, 2021 - MS XC - H10 Meet - Glenwood Lake Park
October 14, 2021 - 7th Grade Football will travel to Creston.
October 14, 2021 - 8th Grade Football will host Creston.
October 14, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will host Harlan.
If you would like to meet with Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin, please use the link below to request an appointment. Once the request is made we will reach out to you within the next two school days to schedule a time to meet. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin directly through email, stop by the middle school office or make a request through your teacher. Please be aware that sometimes our schedules change and we have to rearrange the times that we meet with students. If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin know.
Students, please do not throw away your August/September Star sheet. You can turn them in at the Ramsway store once you've used all the Stars or you can give them to a teacher and the teacher can put them in Ms. Tadin's mailbox. You do NOT need to transfer Stars from your August/September sheet to the October sheet - just bring down both sheets to the RamsWay store.
October lunch menus are now available in the office.
A charger has been turned into the office, if you are missing a charger (not chromebook) please stop by to identify and claim.
8th grade volleyball swept Creston last night! All levels showed great hustle and teamwork.
The A Team won 25-15 and 25-18. The girls served 95%. Brynn S, Kaylee W, Rylie K each had two aces each. Alyssa S and Cambree S did a great job setting while Kaylee W led with 7 kills. Samantha W, Jolie H and Audrey A showed great hustle!
The B Team won 25-10 and 25-15. The girls were very scrappy and did a good job setting the ball up. Madi C led the team with 4 aces while serving 100%. Kaitlyn M had 3 aces and had 17 good serves. We had great defense and awesome sets!
The C Team won 25-22 and 25-12. Breanna K led with 6 aces, Paige N had 4. As a team they served 88%. The team did a good job setting up the ball and being aggressive!! Way to go!!
7th Grade Volleyball -
The 7th graders took on Creston. All of the girls continued their great play from Tuesday and dominated all 6 games that were played.
The A team was led by Gracy M serving 15 for 17. Adalynn M and Maddie S also served well. Top passers of the night were Marley M and Olivia W. Maddie S and Olivia W each finished the night with 2 kills.
The B team continued the dominance. Peyton H served 100% going 14 for 14. Addy T and Katelyn H also served well. Madison M finished the night with 3 kills and Annie M had 1 kill.
The 8th Grade Football team traveled to Lewis Central yesterday to take on the Titans and by the end of the day, the Rams would make the trip back to Glenwood with two solid victories over their Hawkeye 10 Conference rival.
In the A game, the Rams game plan was to grind it out on the ground against a big Titan team. Glenwood would put points on the board first early in the 2nd quarter after taking advantage of an LC fumble. Capping off a long and time consuming drive, Scott Reed would take a toss 12 yards over the left side for a touchdown; the PAT kick was good by Jose Diaz to give the Rams a 7-0 lead. The Rams defense was able to stifle a late 2nd quarter drive by the Titans and take their 7-0 lead into the Half.
The next scoring opportunity came in the 3rd quarter from the Titans. LC scored on a long touchdown pass to cut the lead to 7-6 after a failed PAT attempt. However, the Rams would answer late in the 3rd quarter on a 35 yard run by Scott Reed over the right side with 3:56 left in the quarter. The PAT kick was blocked, making the score 13-6. The Rams defense remained tough and shut down Lewis Central's running and passing attack and was able to get the ball and put the final score on the board with another touchdown run by Scott Reed, this one from 27 yards out. Jose Diaz would run the ball in for the 2 point conversion after a failed kick. The Rams defense would end a last ditch effort by the Titans late in the game and claim the road victory, 21-6.
In the B game, the Rams were able to shut down Lewis Central's offense and the offense was able to move the ball at will under the direction of Dawson Barrett. Barrett would get the Rams on the board first with a 15 yard touchdown carry. The PAT 2 point conversion pass attempt to Ian Connell was broken up, making the first half score 6-0. The Rams would continue their defensive ways, holding down the Titan offense and would put one more score on the board with an Alex Bare 40 yard touchdown run. The 2 point PAT conversion was a pass from Dawson Barrett to Kenny Smith to make the final score 14-0.
Both games were great team wins with several Ram football players contributing the overall victory. The Rams defensive and offensive lines took control of the game and were able to assert their will throughout both games. Timely takeaways by the defense cemented the A team contest as both Jose Diaz and Korbin Pelzer were able to intercept passes that stopped two big Titan drives.
The A team moves to 3-2 on the season and the B team moves to 4-1. Both teams will take on the Creston Panthers next Thursday at home, as the 2021 season will come to a close.
Boys XC results from the Atlantic Meet on 10-7-2021
These are the team Middle School CHAMPIONS.....
Tonight in Atlantic....Scored 55 points.
We are excited to introduce a film club opportunity. If you would like to join the Film Club, sign up sheets are in the cafeteria (above the water fountain), it will be there until Friday after school. Please include your first & last names along with your grade. Look for a follow up email that further explains what we are all about. Think film watching, script writing, and re-creating scenes. Thanks from the Film Club Crew.
A few jewelry items have been turned into the office. If you are missing anything stop by to identify and claim.
All the pictures have arrived. (Football , volleyball and Cross Country) Please stop by the office to sign for them and pick them up.
An electronic device has been found and turned into the office. If you are missing one please stop by the office to identify and claim.
The MS Drama production Nov. 9, 2021: School House Rocks Live! Jr.
The first rehearsal for MS Drama will be on Monday, Sept. 20 from 3:30 - 4:30 in Mrs. Buckingham's room. Rehearsal schedules will be handed out. Please see Mrs. Buckingham if you have questions.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.
GCMS Activity Attendance Expectations
It is a privilege to attend activity events and meeting our MS expectations and following facility rules are required to continue to be able to attend these activities. The following are expectations for Middle School students that choose to attend Varsity activities:
- All Middle School students are to sit in the Middle School section or with their parents.
- During the National Anthem, students are to stand, remain silent and face the flag and remove any hats.
- All school rules are still in effect at these activities. Appropriate clothing, language and behavior are required. Failure to comply will result in removal from the facility.
- Students are allowed to use the restroom or visit the concession stand; however, students are required to return to their seats immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the facility or watch the game from the window at the high school.
- Once you leave the event, you cannot return / re-enter.
- Students are expected to utilize Good Sportsmanship at all times throughout the contests. Failure to do so will result in removal from the facility.
Failure to comply with these expectations will result in suspension from attending any future activities.
Remember the purpose for attending these activities is to cheer on the RAMS. All of our teams appreciate all of your support and want you to cheer them on.