Student Bulletin - October 5, 2021
October 5, 2021 - 7th Grade Volleyball will host Lewis Central. The game will be played at the HS Aux Gym.
October 5, 2021 - 8th Grade Volleyball will host Lewis Central. Game will be played at the Middle School. The start time is 4:15.
October 6, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
October 7, 2021 - 8th Grade Football will travel to Lewis Central.
October 7, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will travel to Creston.
October 7, 2021 - MS XC will travel to Atlantic.
Students, please do not throw away your August/September Star sheet. You can turn them in at the Ramsway store once you've used all the Stars or you can give them to a teacher and the teacher can put them in Ms. Tadin's mailbox. You do NOT need to transfer Stars from your August/September sheet to the October sheet - just bring down both sheets to the RamsWay store.
October lunch menus are now available in the office.
Film Club scheduled for tomorrow, October 5, 2021 has been cancelled.
A charger has been turned into the office, if you are missing a charger (not chromebook)
Red Oak 9/30 - 8th Grade Volleyball
Last night, all three teams went undefeated. They all played with great energy and worked hard!
The A Team won 25-23 and 25-9. The girls served 92% and were led by Audrey A. with 9 aces! The team had a total of 15 aces and 10 kills. Kaylee W. led the team with 4 kills.
The B Team won 25-10 and 25-10. As a team they served 85% and were led by Kaitlyn M. with 6 aces, Isabella H, Ava L, and Blaire W each had 3 aces. The girls showed lots of hustle and great teamwork.
The C Team won 26-24 and 25-15. Breanna K led with 7 aces and Julia M had 4, while Peyton M had 3. The girls did a great job having a positive attitude and played with lots of enthusiasm.
Congratulations on going undefeated this week! Keep up the good work!
The 7th grade volleyball team took on Red Oak last night at home.
The A team lost all three sets but showed improvement from the first time playing the Tigers. Last night they were led by Maddie S on the service line. She went 8 for 9 with 1 ace. Marley M, Maddie S, Olivia W, and Adalynn M each recorded a kill.
The B team played solid volleyball but lost 16-25, 21-25, and 12-15. They were led by Libby W and Payton S on the service line. Addy T and Liv L contributed with many great passes.
The C team lost their first two sets 8-15 and lost their third 2-15. They were led by Lynnea L on the service line. Audrey T and Kylie H were the best passers of the night.
The Glenwood 7th grade teams hit the road last night, to take on the Harlan Cyclones. The A team lost 8-28, but the B team won 14-0.
The young Rams had a good day moving the ball, unfortunately timely mistakes were the downfall of the Rams. The Cyclones took advantage of 2 mistakes in the first half scoring on an interception and after recovering a fumble. The Rams did manage to score just before the first half ended when Ben Carlo (2) hit Chase Razor (10) for a 16 yard touchdown pass, Eathan Eiseman added the 2 point conversion, making the 1st half score 8-14.
In the 2nd half the Cyclones added 2 more scores, making the final 8-28.
The B game was all Rams, with a 15 minute running clock 5th quarter, the Rams dominated scoring on both of their possessions. The first was a 2 yard run from Grahm Newberry (42). With Brandt Mower (14) scoring the 2 point conversion. The second score was from a great run by Mower, weaving his way through an on slot of Cyclones scoring from 25 yards out. The 2 point conversion failed, making the final 14-0.
The Rams will hit the road again, and play their final game of the season, in 2 weeks when they travel to Creston to take on the Panthers.
The 8th Grade Football team hosted the Harlan Cyclones last night and fell short on the scoreboard in a tightly contested contest, 20-26. The Rams would get on the board first when Scott Reed took the ball and scored on a 12 yard toss. Jose Diaz's PAT kick was good to the Rams up 7-0 midway through the 1st. The Cyclones would score the next two touchdowns to put the score at Half, 7-12 in favor of the Cyclones.
Harlan would score early in the third quarter, but the Rams answered when Korbin Pelzer hit Pierce Dalton on a 44 yard touchdown pass midway through the 3rd quarter. Diaz's PAT kick was good, making the score 14-20. The Cyclones would score again late in the 3rd to make the score 14-26 at the end of three quarters of play. The Rams started out the 4th quarter with fireworks as Scott Reed threw a 53 yard touchdown pass to Pierce Dalton to close the gap to 20-26. Diaz's PAT attempt was wide right after an errant snap making the score 20-26 early in the fourth quarter.
The Rams defense would hold Harlan from scoring the rest of the quarter and would come up with a big turnover with 3:00 to go in the game. The Rams offense would move the ball but would eventually turn the ball over on downs making the final score 20-26 in favor of the Cyclones. The A team moves to 2-2 on the season and will play Lewis Central next Thursday at LC.
The 8th Grade B team moved their record to 3-1 on the year posting a 20-0 victory over the Cyclones. Jaden Hill would get the scoring going right away with a 14 yard touchdown run over the left side, making the score 6-0 early in the game. The PAT run was no good. The Rams would score two more times on long runs of Marcus Duran's 44 and 43 yard carries. Shane Pratt would score the PAT on the final touchdown to make the final 20-0. The Rams B team defense smothered the Cyclone offense both on the ground and in the air. Ian Connell intercepted a Cyclone pass in the second half that sealed any Harlan scoring threat. The Rams will travel to Lewis Central next Thursday to take on the Titans.
We are excited to introduce a film club opportunity. If you would like to join the Film Club, sign up sheets are in the cafeteria (above the water fountain), it will be there until Friday after school. Please include your first & last names along with your grade. Look for a follow up email that further explains what we are all about. Think film watching, script writing, and re-creating scenes. Thanks from the Film Club Crew.
A few jewelry items have been turned into the office. If you are missing anything stop by to identify and claim.
All the pictures have arrived. (Football , volleyball and Cross Country) Please stop by the office to sign for them and pick them up.
An electronic device has been found and turned into the office. If you are missing one please stop by the office to identify and claim.
The MS Drama production Nov. 9, 2021: School House Rocks Live! Jr.
The first rehearsal for MS Drama will be on Monday, Sept. 20 from 3:30 - 4:30 in Mrs. Buckingham's room. Rehearsal schedules will be handed out. Please see Mrs. Buckingham if you have questions.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.
GCMS Activity Attendance Expectations
It is a privilege to attend activity events and meeting our MS expectations and following facility rules are required to continue to be able to attend these activities. The following are expectations for Middle School students that choose to attend Varsity activities:
- All Middle School students are to sit in the Middle School section or with their parents.
- During the National Anthem, students are to stand, remain silent and face the flag and remove any hats.
- All school rules are still in effect at these activities. Appropriate clothing, language and behavior are required. Failure to comply will result in removal from the facility.
- Students are allowed to use the restroom or visit the concession stand; however, students are required to return to their seats immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the facility or watch the game from the window at the high school.
- Once you leave the event, you cannot return / re-enter.
- Students are expected to utilize Good Sportsmanship at all times throughout the contests. Failure to do so will result in removal from the facility.
Failure to comply with these expectations will result in suspension from attending any future activities.
Remember the purpose for attending these activities is to cheer on the RAMS. All of our teams appreciate all of your support and want you to cheer them on.