student bulletin - November 10, 2021
November 10, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development. Dismissal time is 1:25.
November 11, 2021 - Middle School Vocal Concert.
November 11, 2021 - 7th BBB will host Clarinda at the MS Gym. 8th BBB will host Clarinda at the HS Aux. Gym.
November 12, 2021 - Middle School Activities Night - 7:30PM - 9:00 PM. This is for Middle School students only. Concessions will be available.
November 12, 2021 - MS SWIBA Honor Band Festival. Concert begins at 7:30 at Lewis Central.
November 15, 2021 - 7th BBB will travel to Lewis Central.
November 15, 2021- 8th BBB will host Lewis Central.
“Last night the 8th Grade Ram Basketball B team traveled to Atlantic to take on the Trojans and dropped a 20-23 hard fought contest. The Rams were down 11-9 at the half, but battled back to tie the game 18-18 with 2 minutes left to go. However, the young Rams gave up some key offensive rebounds to the Trojans down the stretch in the 20-23 loss. Kevin C and Xander M led the Rams with 7 pts apiece while Dayton M chipped in 4. Jaden H rounded out yet scoring with 2 pts. Today the Rams are back on the court to take on the Treynor Cardinals.”
"There will be an Activity Night next week on Friday, November 12th for middle schoolers. The Activity Night will be from 7:30pm-9:00pm. There will be music, games, and fun! Be sure to bring either $2.00 or 2 cans of food or two donation items for the Storehouse as your entry fee. Remember, to attend Activity Night you need to come to school that day and be sure you are in good standing with the middle school."
Message from Mrs. Stanley: Students, I appreciate that as we continue to follow the PBIS expectations and our social contracts, the majority of you are making good choices throughout the day. These behavior choices are expected to be carried over into other aspects of school activities. Attending activities is a privilege that may now be revoked for up to two weeks if school expectations cannot be followed during the school day. Examples of extra curricular activities where attendance may be revoked include but are not limited to: sporting events, fine arts concerts, plays, musicals, activity nights.
Student Sunshine Committee members are hosting a Rock, Paper, Scissor tournament. The entry fee into the tournament will be a food item for the Mills County Food Pantry.
Students that want to participate will need to bring in a can food item Tuesday, November 9th, Wednesday, November 10th or Thursday, November 11th. YOu will turn the items in on the front table as you come in the front building. Student Sunshine members will be stationed there to help collect you items and get your name on the list.
The tournament will start on November 16th and will take place in the lunch room. Mr. Starner and Mrs. Tadin will be leading the tournament.
STUDENT SUNSHINE MEMBERS ONLY: If you signed up for can collection and put names on list, please be at the table in the front entrance by 7:45am tomorrow through thursday. If you signed up to hang flyers for this event, please report to the Student support center during Ramstime to help hang flyers throughout the school.
GLENWOOD AAU VOLLEYBALL - TRYOUTS FORMS AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE
5th- 8th Grade Try-Outs ($15 Registration Fee)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH, GLENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
Glenwood High School Volleyball Coach, Paula Carman, will be holding AAU tryouts for 5th-8th Grade Club Volleyball. Depending on participant numbers, as well as skill level of players, we hope to have at least one team per grade level. Please note, as of right now we do not have a coach lined up for 5th grade. We will see how much interest there is at this grade level and go from there.
The AAU volleyball program is completely separate from the recreational Y league. AAU is a competitive club league.
TRY-OUTS ~ SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14th
You MUST Pre-Register for try-outs by emailing Kim at email@example.com by
NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 10TH.
- Practices will be held once or twice a week at Mills County Y or High School beginning in December. (Time and day TBD by coaches).
- AAU Tournaments are on Saturdays and/or Sundays. We play other area AAU Club Teams. We will not play every single weekend.
- The season will run from Mid-January into March depending on which tournaments we enter.
- It is essential that your child make it to all practices and tournaments if possible. Only acceptable absences are allowed.
- Approximate cost: $275.00.
- Closed-door tryouts will include skills assessment done by independent people with volleyball knowledge. Participant’s coachability and attitude will also be taken into consideration.
Once you pre-register via email you will receive additional information. Please be sure to provide NAME/GRADE/PARENT CONTACT # IN YOUR EMAIL ~ there is a $15 Registration Fee.
Contact Kim Jones with any questions:
*Coach Paula Carman is the Director of Glenwood AAU this year however, her YMCA email has not yet been established so as of now please contact Kim with questions. Thank you!
Congratulations to all of our students who auditioned to be a part of the Southwest Iowa Honor Band this weekend. You did an amazing job and made us proud. Special congratulations to these students who were accepted to the bands:
8th Grade - Elyse P., Caitlin H., Maggie S., Tyler S., Kianna H., Brayden M.
7th Grade - Brody S., Brody M., Madison M., Celeste M., Jace T., Kendyl P., Grace B., Adalynn M., TJ S., Tyler C. Allie N.
Middle School Early Morning weights will start Wednesday (November 3rd) starting at 6:45am to 7:30. Students need to have permission slips signed by parents before they can attend. Doors will open at 6:30am and will start promptly at 6:45am. Students will have to dress according (PE type clothes) in order to participate in the program. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Starner for more information.
November lunch menus now available in the office.
A jewelry item has been turned into the office, if you are missing yours, please stop by the office to identify and claim.
BINGO for Books
November 16, 2021 at West Elementary
Please join us at 5:30 pm on November 16th for BINGO for Books! We will be having hot dogs and chips for dinner while we play BINGO. BINGO winners will receive a book!
If you and your family wish to participate in BINGO for Books please RSVP to the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the number of people that will be in attendance. Please RSVP by Monday November 15th. Hope to see you all soon!
*Please follow Ramily Matters on Facebook*
Film Club will continue to meet Tuesday mornings at 7:30 in Mrs. Patzer's unless otherwise noted.
A wallet was turned in from the football game Friday night.
If you are missing yours please stop by to identify and claim.
If you would like to meet with Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin, please use the link below to request an appointment. Once the request is made we will reach out to you within the next two school days to schedule a time to meet. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin directly through email, stop by the middle school office or make a request through your teacher. Please be aware that sometimes our schedules change and we have to rearrange the times that we meet with students. If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Pontefract or Mrs. Tadin know.
Students, please do not throw away your August/September Star sheet. You can turn them in at the Ramsway store once you've used all the Stars or you can give them to a teacher and the teacher can put them in Ms. Tadin's mailbox. You do NOT need to transfer Stars from your August/September sheet to the October sheet - just bring down both sheets to the RamsWay store.
An electronic device has been found and turned into the office. If you are missing one please stop by the office to identify and claim.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.
GCMS Activity Attendance Expectations
It is a privilege to attend activity events and meeting our MS expectations and following facility rules are required to continue to be able to attend these activities. The following are expectations for Middle School students that choose to attend Varsity activities:
- All Middle School students are to sit in the Middle School section or with their parents.
- During the National Anthem, students are to stand, remain silent and face the flag and remove any hats.
- All school rules are still in effect at these activities. Appropriate clothing, language and behavior are required. Failure to comply will result in removal from the facility.
- Students are allowed to use the restroom or visit the concession stand; however, students are required to return to their seats immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the facility or watch the game from the window at the high school.
- Once you leave the event, you cannot return / re-enter.
- Students are expected to utilize Good Sportsmanship at all times throughout the contests. Failure to do so will result in removal from the facility.
Failure to comply with these expectations will result in suspension from attending any future activities.
Remember the purpose for attending these activities is to cheer on the RAMS. All of our teams appreciate all of your support and want you to cheer them on.