September 13, 2021 - Student Bulletin
September 14, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will travel to Harlan.
September 16, 2021 - 7th Grade Football will host Atlantic.
September 16, 2021 - 8th Grade Football will travel to Atlantic.
September 17, 2021 - Homecoming
September 20, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Volleyball will travel to Red Oak.
September 22, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
September 24, 2021 - Picture Day.
September 29, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
Congratulations to the following students that will represent the GCMS during Coronation on Saturday.
"Student Council Members: Please check your email for a link to join the Student Council Google Classroom. If you did not get an email, check with Mr. Miller to make sure that your name is on the member list. There are announcements for homecoming week posted for you to read so you know what will be happening this week."
"All Middle School Students: Student Council members will be selling homecoming spirit beads each morning this week before school starts. You can purchase homecoming beads for a 50 cent donation per bead at the table by the front entrance. All donations received will go back to supporting the students of GCMS!"
Homecoming Dress Up Days
Comfy Day or Hawaiian Day
Team Day or Teachers Dress as Students/Teachers Dress as Students
Disney Day or Crazy Hat/Hair Day
Decade Day or Cowboy/Alien Day
Make sure all outfits are school appropriate and follow our GCMS dress code!
The Glenwood 7th grade teams hosted the Clarinda Cardinals last night. In the 2nd game of the 8th and 7th grade double header. Because of low participation there was only one game, won by the Rams 24 – 0.
The Rams deferred their choice to the 2nd half and held the Cardinals to a 3 and out. The Rams then went on a 65 yard drive that ended with a 3 yard touchdown run by Cameron Martea (30) with 1:07 left in the first quarter. 2 point conversion was a 3 yard run by Eathan Eiseman (18) making the score 8-0.
In the 2 quarter the Rams found the end zone when Chase Razor (10) ran 16 yards, the 2 point conversion was fumbled into the end zone recovered by an unknown Ram making the score 16-0 with 3:04 on the clock.
The game was held scoreless by both teams in the 3rd and 4th quarters, until Razor ran for a 13 yard touchdown with 6:19 on the clock. Eiseman ran the 2 point conversion in for the final score of the game. The Rams will host the Atlantic Trojans next week at 4:15.
The 8th Grade Football A Team lost their season opener to a good Clarinda Cardinal team. The Rams fought through the first half trailing 12-16. The Rams scoring opportunities came on a Jack Johnson Kickoff return for a touchdown and touchdown pass from Korbin Pelzer to Pierce Dalton. The Rams were only able to find the endzone one more time in the second half with another Pelzer touchdown pass, but this time to slot receiver Aaron Christian.
The Rams were unable to stop the Cardinal running attack in the second half and finished the game in a 18-40 defeat.
The B Game the Rams were able to score twice on touchdown runs from Marcus Duran and Connor Wear, but would eventually fall to the Cardinals.
An electronic device has been found and turned into the office. If you are missing one please stop by the office to identify and claim.
September 15th is the last day to sign up for the Student Sunshine Committee. If you are interested in signing up Mrs. Stanley sent you an email with the sign up information a couple weeks ago. Please reach out to Mrs. Tadin via email if you can not find the sign up email. Thank you!
The MS Drama production Nov. 9, 2021: School House Rocks Live! Jr.
This energetic musical follows Mr/Ms Mizer, a young school teacher, who is nervous about his/her first day of teaching. He /she tries to relax by watching TV, when various characters representing facets of his personality emerge from the set and show him how to win his students over with imagination and music. Memorable songs such as "Just a Bill," "Great American Melting Pot" and "Conjunction Junction" bring his lesson plans vividly to life.
School House Rocks Live! Jr. has 8 lead roles (speaking and singing parts) plus a large chorus ensemble with opportunities for small solos and character roles.
The two audition sessions for this year's show will be on Sept. 13 & 14.
Sept. 13 & 14 auditions will be after school beginning at 3:30 PM in the MS Vocal Room. Students interested in a lead performing role or chorus ensemble part need to attend 1 of the audition sessions. Students auditioning will be asked to sing a song (1 verse and chorus) and read scenes from the production script. Students only interested in tech/backstage help need to sign up with Mrs. Buckingham.
Roles will be posted Sept. 17 at the MS. The first rehearsal will be Monday, Sept. 20 after school from 3:30 - 4:30 PM. A complete rehearsal schedule will be handed out at the first rehearsal. If you need to see a complete rehearsal schedule before you audition, please see Mrs. Buckingham.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.
LITTLE RAMS CHEER CAMP - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2021 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Anyone in grade 6-8 that is interested in attending may stop by the office to pick up a registration form. Or click on the link below.
Beginning Monday, students borrowing a chromebook from the Media Center for anything other than technical reasons will be documented. On the 5th occurrence, the student will be sent to speak with Mrs Stanley. A lunch detention will be assigned if borrowed a sixth time.
Chromebooks must be turned into the media center at the end of the 8th hour. Students forgetting to return a chromebook at the end of the day will serve a lunch detention the next school day.
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Richards in the media center.
GCMS Activity Attendance Expectations
It is a privilege to attend activity events and meeting our MS expectations and following facility rules are required to continue to be able to attend these activities. The following are expectations for Middle School students that choose to attend Varsity activities:
- All Middle School students are to sit in the Middle School section or with their parents.
- During the National Anthem, students are to stand, remain silent and face the flag and remove any hats.
- All school rules are still in effect at these activities. Appropriate clothing, language and behavior are required. Failure to comply will result in removal from the facility.
- Students are allowed to use the restroom or visit the concession stand; however, students are required to return to their seats immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the facility or watch the game from the window at the high school.
- Once you leave the event, you cannot return / re-enter.
- Students are expected to utilize Good Sportsmanship at all times throughout the contests. Failure to do so will result in removal from the facility.
Failure to comply with these expectations will result in suspension from attending any future activities.
Remember the purpose for attending these activities is to cheer on the RAMS. All of our teams appreciate all of your support and want you to cheer them on.
Join the Student Sunshine Committee
- Do you want to be a positive role model?
- Do you want to infuse-positive energy in our school?
- Do you want to spread goodwill and happiness throughout our school?
Mission Statement: The Student Sunshine Committee is a student led organization dedicated to spreading kindness, sympathy, and appreciation to students and staff.
To sign up please fill out SSC sign up form or contact Mrs. Tadin via email