Middle School Announcements September 7, 2021
September 9, 2021 - 7th/8th Grade Football will host Clarinda.
September 17, 2021 - Homecoming
September 22, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
September 29, 2021 - 2 Hour Early Out - Professional Development.
Any student interested in joining Builders Club, there will be a sign up sheet in the Cafeteria today or you can digitally sign up on the link below. Sign up will take place the rest of the week. We'll be planning a meeting within the the next week of school.
Builders Club is an extension of K-Kids at West Elementary and part of the Kiwanis Club Organization. As a club, we do a variety of things to help out our community and school. Meetings occur during school hours and most of our activities occur after school. Some examples include: Hiley Park Family Fun Night, Activity Nights, March Madness, assisting in planning the Red Ribbon Week Assembly, etc.
Our first activity will be Oct. 1st at the Hiley Park Family Fun Night in less than a month.
For more information, please contact Mr. Starner.
Students, do you love to be creative or just enjoy some time to relax? If you do, ART CLUB IS FOR YOU! If you are interested in joining ART CLUB, please fill out the form sent to you in email from Mrs. Stanley. The form is due this Friday, September 10th. Please contact Mrs. Pontefract with any questions. She will be in contact with you regarding the start date of art club, after homecoming.
THIS IS DUE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
The MS Drama production Nov. 9, 2021: School House Rocks Live! Jr.
This energetic musical follows Mr/Ms Mizer, a young school teacher, who is nervous about his/her first day of teaching. He /she tries to relax by watching TV, when various characters representing facets of his personality emerge from the set and show him how to win his students over with imagination and music. Memorable songs such as "Just a Bill," "Great American Melting Pot" and "Conjunction Junction" bring his lesson plans vividly to life.
School House Rocks Live! Jr. has 8 lead roles (speaking and singing parts) plus a large chorus ensemble with opportunities for small solos and character roles.
The two audition sessions for this year's show will be on Sept. 13 & 14.
Sept. 13 & 14 auditions will be after school beginning at 3:30 PM in the MS Vocal Room. Students interested in a lead performing role or chorus ensemble part need to attend 1 of the audition sessions. Students auditioning will be asked to sing a song (1 verse and chorus) and read scenes from the production script. Students only interested in tech/backstage help need to sign up with Mrs. Buckingham.
Roles will be posted Sept. 17 at the MS. The first rehearsal will be Monday, Sept. 20 after school from 3:30 - 4:30 PM. A complete rehearsal schedule will be handed out at the first rehearsal. If you need to see a complete rehearsal schedule before you audition, please see Mrs. Buckingham.
Student council members who would like to help make posters promoting the dress up days for Homecoming Week will meet in Mr. Miller's room on Thursday after school. Students who would like to help hang up the posters around the school can come to Mr. Miller's room Friday morning to help distribute posters around the school announcing the homecoming dress up days.
Student Chromebook Important Notes:
- The Chromebook you have been issued is GCSD property. Students are responsible for any damages or missing items including the Chromebook itself, charger, tag, shell/cover & stickers. Damages must be paid for before the Chromebook is reissued to you.
- Do not remove keys from your keyboard. This will result in a $65 charge.
- Do not pick up your Chromebook by the screen. This may damage or break the screen. The charge for a replacement screen is $55. Always pick up your Chromebook with both hands from the bottom.
- Your Chromebook bag should only hold your Chromebook and your Chromebook charger. Over stuffing your bag may result in ruining the zipper, etc. which is considered damage. A replacement bag is $15.
- Keep track of your charger. Becare not to twist your cord or pick up the chromebook by the cord. This could damage the Chromebook or the charger. The cost for a replacement charger is $29.
- Do not remove any GCSD stickers from your Chromebook, including the name on your charger. There is a $2 charge for each sticker that is removed.
- Do not remove the shell/cover on your Chromebook. This is to stay on at all times. The replacement cost for a shell is $15.
- If something is wrong with your Chromebook, please inform your teacher and take it to the main school office to Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Miller.
- Always keep drinks, food and dirt away from your Chromebook.